Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HDR-XR260VE Quality

profile.country.en_GB.title
mars006
Visitor

Sony HDR-XR260VE Quality

I've bought a Sony HDR-XR260VE 10 days ago.
And the quality of the recorded movies is really bad.

It looks like its recorded with a phone or something.
And it seems like the ISO is really high, cause I have all the pixels visable in the footage.

And I filmed some birds, but it looks so cheap when I record it, even on the display of the camera itself. And on the TV or PC it looks even worse.

I also have a blue border around some white objects or birds...

I put the settings on highest quality and on 50P...
But still nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried all settings I think.

Thx in advance

PS: If somebody wants to see some footage let me know.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.it_IT.title
sambro65
New

Ho comprato lo stesso prodotto anche io subito dopo Natale. Devo dire che non sto avendo gli stessi problemi (ne ho altri a livello di riproduzione dei files con alcuni players, non connessi con la qualità dei flies generati). Probabilmente il tuo esemplare è difettoso

I bought the same product too soon after Christmas. I must say that I am having the same problems (I have others at play files with some players, not related to the quality of the generated flies). Maybe your copy is defective

Message was edited by: -Soup-

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello mars006 / sambro65 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

First of all, have you tried performing a full reset of the camera to see if this puts the picture quality back to an acceptable level? For the HDR-XR260VE, there is a small pin hole that you need to press for a few seconds in order to reset the camera to the factory settings. In the picture below, it is marked as No. 7:

If this does not work and the video quality is still the same, it may help if you can capture a short clip that demonstrates the issues that you are describing. You can attach the clip to this forum message and I can take a look at it.

Thanks,

Simon

mars006
Visitor

Hey,

Thanks for the response,

but the problem was that I used a Mediaplayer on the pc, that couldn't play the video's in good quality.

So the problem is fixed!

thanks alot

Mick2011
New

Thanks for the update :cool:

Useful to know that some media players can cause playback problems; glad you found a solution!

Can you remember the name of the player that didn't work, and let us know the one you're using now?

Mick