Join now - be part of our community!

Will Sony smartphones ever offer a PAL video option?

profile.country.GB.title
martin868

Will Sony smartphones ever offer a PAL video option?

Im not sure if this should be posted under smart phones or camcorders, because it's now come to a stage that smart phones have such good cameras that they now have become the camcorder of the future, but why oh why are they still all NTSC standard shooting at 30fps, apposed to 25fps for PAL countries? 

Sony cameras and camcorders all have a PAL option for PAL countries, so why dont smartphones from Sony or anyone else for that matter. 

PAL 25/50fps is truely compatible with UK tv standards, and PAL countries (half the world) should not be forced to film in NTSC standards as its not 100% compatible for PAL countries.

So my question is WHY ARE THERE NO PAL SMARTPHONE CAMCORDERS?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @martin868,

@martin868  schrieb:

PAL 25/50fps is truely compatible with UK tv standards, and PAL countries (half the world) should not be forced to film in NTSC standards as its not 100% compatible for PAL countries.

I second this!!!

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.GB.title
martin868

I'm really surprised than not many others in 50Hz Pal countries are ranting about this PROBLEM.

In PAL countries we use 25 fps or 50fps video, ALL camcorders ever sold here are PAL, regardless if they are SD, FHD or 4K, they are all made to shoot in 25/50fps for 50Hz PAL countries.

Yet, no smart phone offers this compatible video option for 50hz countries, WHY?

With the Xperia 1 now launched, and geared up to the enthusiastic film maker, it still only offers 30p (and 24p, but 24p is still not compatible with 50Hz PAL) The problem is that when mixing proper camcorder footage that was shot in PAL mode with Smartphone footage, it won't mix, and also 50Hz lighting flikers in Europe.

WHY has there never been a PAL option on smartphones, Someone must know the answer to this?