Join now - be part of our community!

Can filters and lens hood be fitted to HX100V?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
TheBearGuy
Visitor

Can filters and lens hood be fitted to HX100V?

There are some 3rd party solutions but I'd rather stay Sony. Any ideas?

Message was edited by: TheBearGuy

Message was edited by: TheBearGuy

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hi there - and welcome to the forums!

There is a lot of debate around regarding the HX100V and filters / lens hoods and it seems that a lot of users are spending between £10-£20 on an adapter ring and then purchasing from the huge range of existing filters and threads. Every adapter will work with different thread sizes but I think although it's always nice to keep everything 'Sony', if there is no other option available its always worth experimenting with a good quality adapter and these can be found easily on Google - check out some of the reviews as well.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hi there - and welcome to the forums!

There is a lot of debate around regarding the HX100V and filters / lens hoods and it seems that a lot of users are spending between £10-£20 on an adapter ring and then purchasing from the huge range of existing filters and threads. Every adapter will work with different thread sizes but I think although it's always nice to keep everything 'Sony', if there is no other option available its always worth experimenting with a good quality adapter and these can be found easily on Google - check out some of the reviews as well.

Thanks,

Simon

TheBearGuy
Visitor

Hi Simon

Many thanks for this. Seems like I'm on the right track. Just three follow-up questions: When you say an 'adapter' what exactly am I looking to Google please? Also, are you aware of any manufacturers I should be watching out for? Lastly, do you know if such things are intended to be left in place permanently and if so, whether they allow the lens to fully retract?

Cheers

Andy

profile.country.ro_RO.title
ar14rai
Explorer

http://www.hx100vadapter.com/

aici puteti gasi ceva ce puteti folosi la aparatul vostru Sony. Si ideea este foarte buna in a adapta parasolarii, filtre... Succes!

Si daca tot am revenit, cititi si aici:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/38651128

Message was edited by: ar14rai