Join now - be part of our community!

Cash Back deal

Cash Back deal

Is the Sony Cash Back deal a scam? I ordered camera online from John Lewis. As well as photo of camera body I have sent 'Invoice' enclosed with camera...... Aknowledgement of online order. John Lewis say I have sent all documentation available..... Sony are still asking for an 'Invoice' This is a legitimate purchase. Anybody else had problems?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Malcolm, 

Welcome to the community.

If you contact Sony support they should be able to help. You can reach them here.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
Captain-Roger-Fenton

Captain Roger Fenton 1860.

If you keep hitting a dead-end. The following might be of some assistance.

When complaining on any issue. I go straight to the top, their details exist on CeoEmail.com.
1 . Don't accept bad service.

2. Don't be rude & abusive.

3. Express your point of view.

4. Reply to the email, and 'CC', the CEO. This gives 'em sight of the problem. Don't expect a reply.

5. As a final resort. Email 'To' the CEO, 'CC' to where the email originated. Expect a reply.

I don't always get a positive result. It only takes 2-emails: no time at all.

CHEERS ! Captain Roger Fenton

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Malcolm,

these cash backs are not a scam however there have been issues with people claiming over a the years..

Looking on the Sony cash back FAQ page there is a contact number listed, it might be worth giving them a call between the hours of 9am-6pm Monday to Friday..145E6A1D-A503-4592-BA33-2EB704E88E1A.jpeg

Good luck..

profile.country.GB.title
Trevelyan
Explorer

I found telephone Support to be less than helpful - they appear to be based 'offshore' and just follow a script. Emailing them is just as (in)effective.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You may very well be correct Trevelyan but I would rather speak to someone and if, as you say, they simply stick to a script then ask for your call to escalated to to the next level. 

You should also be allocated a reference number which you can always use in an follow up email. 

I followed the instructions for cash back and was paid within given timescale without any issue so definitely a legitimite offer.