Join now - be part of our community!

Computer can't see video files

PaulVKaye
New

Computer can't see video files

I have just bought a Cyber Shot DSC-HX90. My computer runs on Windows 10 and when I connect the camera it can see the still images but the video files are hidden. Has anyone else had this problem? How can you download the video files onto the computer? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @PaulVKaye and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Have you tried removing the memory card from the camera

and inserting it directly into your pc?

profile.country.GB.title
Trev1949
Explorer

I have a similar problem. I am running Windows 7 and had some videos on my HX90V camera. I could see the files, but when I tried to transfer them from camera to PC using a USB cable I kept getting a message a message saying "Resource in use". My PC doesn't have an SD card read, so I put the SD card in my wife's laptop which is running Windows 10 (which I think is rubbish). I could play the video files on the laptop with no problems. I then got a USB memory stick so I could transfer the files to it and hopefully from the stick to my PC. However, when I plugged the SD card into my wife's laptop a few day later after doing nothing but taking a few still photos the video files had vanished according to Windows 10, and I can no longer see them on my PC via the camera and USB cable.However they are still on the camera as I can play them on the camera.  Not only that, the folder system on the SD card has been completely screwed up. The files were originally in a folder called DCIM, with sub-folders, one for each day when photos or videos were taken. Now the still photo files are all in a single sub-folder called MSDCF, and no trace of the video files.

I'm completely baffled.