Join now - be part of our community!

Dear Sony,

profile.country.en_GB.title
bodley
Visitor

Dear Sony,

In 2006 I bought a Sony camera which I still use to create competition grade photos.

It has two features which I have never seen remotely equalled since:

One is the fixed zoom lens. 24-120mm equivalent with no/negligiible barrel or fisheye distortion beyond about 4 feet. The colour rendition is as good as I have seen on the latest top-end DSLRs. I remember one reviewer writing that the lens was worth more than the whole camera!

Two is the EVF in its live mode. This allows me to preview exposure settings, focus settings, white balance all behind a large rubber eyepiece so my view is unaffected by bright incident light.

Also the EVF view is duplicated on a swivelling screen allowing me to prop the camera against a wall say so as to steady it.

This was eight years ago and some of your older employees may remember this camera. Ok the EVF is very slow but just think what could have achieved with this concept developed during the last eight years. The real clincher was when I showed it to a Canon EOS5 owner. "Surely this is the future", he said.

The camera was discontinued in 2006 when Sony went DSLR and I was able to buy another one as a spare at the remaindered price.

Come on Sony, think outside the box! After all, whoever buys Sony DSLRs...?

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0