Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX200V language settings problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tortug45
Visitor

DSC-HX200V language settings problem

HI

I just bought a sony camera model DSC-HX200V and I can't change the language settings to english( or any other) . Right now the menu is in Japanese and following the english manual I can manage  to get to the Language Settings but there is only one option 日本語 (japanese ) and I can't change it. Is there another way to change the language, or download an English version of the software?

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Tortug45 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, if your camera is only showing Japanese as an available language you have a version of the camera that has been produced solely for the Japanese market. As far as I am aware, there is no way of downloading different firmware and then 'flashing' it onto the device.

Am I right in assuming that you purchased this from a Japanese source which would make it difficult to return for a refund/exchange?

Thanks,

Simon

Tortug45
Visitor

Hi Simon

Well that is a shame, I thought It wouldn't be a problem. The thing with the refund is that someone brought me the camera from Japan, so I will have to learn the manual by heart or learn some Japanese. Either way, I'm going to leave the question open in case someone knows anything else.

Thanks

Pablo