Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX9V Video playback poor.

profile.country.en_GB.title
mrtonygibson
New

DSC-HX9V Video playback poor.

DSC-HX9V Video playback via latest PlayMemory sofware is jumpy. Any graphics settings or minimum computer system requirement tips welcome. Playback on camera and through is TV perfect. Had same problem with PMB and upgrade made no difference. Warning on playback screen states"depending on computer environment HD clips may not play smoothly" not a good omen. How is this environment made compatible? I already tried altering the accelerator settings in the PlayMemory settings but it made no difference.

Message was edited by: mrtonygibson

Message was edited by: mrtonygibson

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello mrtonygibson - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

How old is the computer that you are using to view these clips? It can be a bit of a lottery trying to predict computer performance based upon age but it would also depend upon the processor, graphics card, memory etc.

Also, have you tried converting the video into a regular movie standard such as .avi and then tried playing it through software such as VLC media player?

Thanks,

Simon

chris198810
New

In my view, to transcode your full HD 1080/60p AVCHD from DSC-HX9V to a common video format like mp4 will be better according to your case.

For my personal case, I got some HX9V AVCHD files, I want to import these files to Final Cut to for editing. I searched the AVCHD convert tool and found the MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac from brorsoft. It helps me convert the AVCHD format to Apple ProRes for FCP. I think this tool can also do you a favor here if you plan to reformat your AVCHD files.

profile.country.it_IT.title
brorm2tsmac
Visitor

Hi, chirs, I agree with you.

In fact, I have been using Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac for nearly one year. I mainly use it to convert my sony cx160 1080p avchd videos to Apple InterMediate Codec MOV for further editing with iMovie.

The best important factor appropriates me to choose it is its large variety of video formats. I feel it is very dependable and does exactly what I need it to do. Overall I am very happy with it and feel it was a good investment of my money. So I thinks it's worth to try and you can have a free trial at first.