Join now - be part of our community!

How can I delete the pics from my memory sticks PRO Duo?

profile.country.es_ES.title
yolitatx
Visitor

How can I delete the pics from my memory sticks PRO Duo?

Dear Participants:

I have a SONY cyber-shot camera DSC-W70.  I know is old but still works perfectly well and I love it.

Now, I want to delete all the pictures that are in my memory sticks PRO Duo (1GB ea.)  But I'd like

to do it in the camera itself.... I've lost the cable to connect to my PC.  I have on my PC the slot

for these Memory Sticks/ PRO... but I have spent too much time trying to do it that way.  I'm a real amateur as you can guess.  Please help, I'll really appreciate it.:smileyconfused:

YolitaTX

Message was edited by: yolitatx

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello yolitaTX :slight_smile:

The easiest way to delete every single image in one go is to use the 'Format' function on your camera. On the DSC-W70, this can be found by using the internal memory tool which is described on page 50 of the manual here:

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DSCW30-W40-W50-W70.pdf

However, it does state at the top that this feature doesn't appear when a Memory Stick Duo is inserted in the camera so this might not be available to you. Therefore, your only option may be to insert the card into the slot on your PC. As long as the computer recognises the card, you can right-click on the icon in 'Computer/My Computer' and choose 'Format'. In the event that the card reader doesn't function correctly anymore, you can pick up a new USB card reader online for around £10 or less.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.es_ES.title
yolitatx
Visitor

Wow!!!  I didn't expect such complete advice!!! With the copy of the manual and everything!!!

Thank you sooo very much!!!  I'm going to start right now to do this.  My computer recognized

immediately the card and it's downloading everything.  I decided to download all of them to see

if I have missed any one in the past.

Thanks a million again.. I'm so grateful to you, Simon.

Cheers!

Yolitatx

Message was edited by: yolitatx

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

That's OK - hopefully this will be a more convenient way for you to manage the memory card.

Simon