Join now - be part of our community!

Movie Download

profile.country.en_GB.title
lychnis
New

Movie Download

Have DSC HX20V camera.  Have Win XP service pack 2, (not SP3 as required). I cannot upgrade this for various reasons.

Is there any downloadable program I can use to download movie footage from the camera? 

Have tried MS MovieMaker but it cant find the USB input from the camera because the XP cannot except the camera ‘driver’.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello lychnis :slight_smile:

When you connect the camera to your computer over USB, do you see it appear as an external drive when you go to My Computer. If so, you may be able to navigate to the folder on the memory card where the movies are kept and then cut and paste them over to your main hard drive. Other than that, you could always try purchasing a USB memory card reader, inserting the card into it and then follow the same procedure - they are pretty cheap to get hold of these days and I have even seen them in £1 shops recently so it may be worth trying.

If you can get hold of the files, you should then be able to import them into programs like Movie Maker. If not, let me know the type of file that you can see i.e. the extension after the '.' in the file name and I should be able to suggest some software to convert them into something usable.

Thanks,

Simon