Join now - be part of our community!

problem with dsc-w570 white lines against the left side of the screen?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
king_skully
Visitor

problem with dsc-w570 white lines against the left side of the screen?

im not sure what this is but my camera was working fine but then i recently found when i was recording some loud music that the left side of the screen has these white lines theve increased in size taking up a 16th of the screen just wondering how i could get it sorted or will it affect my general picture Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello king_scully :slight_smile:

As long as the lines are not appearing when you view the photos/videos on your PC or TV, then you are right to assume that it is just an issue with the built-in screen. These LCDs can be quite pricey to fix (unless the camera is under warranty) so it may be something that you can live with.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I'm not sure if that's a malfunction or simple electronic interference. I've seen similar things on video footage of power tools or someone using a hammer very close to the mic; whether this is normal for a W570 would depend on the type of interference that you're getting.

Can you link to an uploaded clip showing the problem, eg on YouTube? That would be a great help.

Cheers

Mick

king_skully
Visitor

its not so much a filming issue i think it is literally just the screen ive attempted taking some photos with my phone as i literally have no other recording equipment in my house. as you can see the left hand side has a range of white lines of which dont affect the intial photos or filming but do worry me somewhat.

P280512_10.25_[01].jpgcheers for taking a look

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello king_scully :slight_smile:

As long as the lines are not appearing when you view the photos/videos on your PC or TV, then you are right to assume that it is just an issue with the built-in screen. These LCDs can be quite pricey to fix (unless the camera is under warranty) so it may be something that you can live with.

Thanks,

Simon