Join now - be part of our community!

Sony cybershot dsc hx350

Kimh007
New

Sony cybershot dsc hx350

I have on two occasions now taken photos which have displayed on lcd screen immediately after shooting. I took about 40 shots yet when i tried to display them on the camera it said there were over 200, most of which were "unable to display". My original 40 shots were visible and uploaded/transferred to pc fine but considering my camera was on "single shot" mode, why has it recorded so many "fake"photos? I'm a novice so unsure if i need to change a setting somewhere or if my camera has a fault and needs to be taken back to the shop. I was using a combination of "superior auto", "shutter" and "aperture" priority settings at the time and was taking photos outdoors of the recent snow. I have a new sandisk pro sdhc memory card in the camera. I just want to know why the camera does this so i can stop it happening again before i take it on holiday. I presume the fake images take up unnecessary space on the memory card and when I'm out taking pictures i don't want to be deleting fakes after every shot i take as this will be time consuming and awkward to do when outdoors and walking around.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Kimh, welcome to the Sony Community :slight_smile:

If you shoot in Superior Auto mode, the camera will record several image files and combine the best of them into a single file. While this does often give you the best possible image, it will take up quite a bit more card space and make it a little difficult to keep track of the amount of usable space you have left.

You could either shoot a different mode or carry a spare card. Assuming you have a reasonable-sized card (say 8Gb or 16Gb) and don't shoot a lot, you wil be able to fit a good few hundred 'actual' images on there without issue and may already have space for your holiday trip. 

The good news is: there's nothing wrong with your camera :cool:

Cheers
Mick