Join now - be part of our community!

Sony rechargeable batteries AA 3800 mAh and AAA 1350 mAh

SOLVED
profile.country.sr_YU.title
radmilo87
Visitor

Sony rechargeable batteries AA 3800 mAh and AAA 1350 mAh

Greetings,

I apologize if I have started this topic in wrong section, this seemed like the best place considering options.

I have bought couple of Sony rechargeable batteries recently, 2 pairs of 3800 mAH, and one pair 1350 mAh. After using them for several times I have came to conclusion that they are fake and that their capacity is 5 times smaller. I was not very familiar with the capacities of NI-MH batteries before, but I beleive that not only that these batteries are fake, but batteries of that capacity don't even exist. I bought them on one ebay-like site and I just need a written confirmation that these are fake, that Sony never produceed anything like that. Also I even saw 4600 mAh batteries!

I had similar ones before, but I think that they were 2100 mAh, and they were excellent. With these 3800 fake I can't make more than 50 pictures with my camera...

Here is how they look like:IMAG0003.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

They are definelty fake.

No AA cell offers 3800mAh capacity.

The max capacity of current Sony batteries is 2700 mAh.

Where have you bought these batteries??

Kind Regards

Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

They are definelty fake.

No AA cell offers 3800mAh capacity.

The max capacity of current Sony batteries is 2700 mAh.

Where have you bought these batteries??

Kind Regards

Michael

profile.country.sr_YU.title
radmilo87
Visitor

Greetings Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

I bought them on one Serbian ebay-like site, where a lot of sellers offer them. I also saw them couple of times on flee markets. They were quite cheap so I took a shot, also they are much lighter than the previous original ones I had.

Once again thank you and I apologize for not answering sooner.

Best regards from Serbia,

Radmilo

Message was edited by: radmilo87