Join now - be part of our community!

Sony RX-1 delivery / no delivery?

profile.country.sv_SE.title
lalidgr
Visitor

Sony RX-1 delivery / no delivery?

Last year I ordered Sony nex-7. The website said one month delivery. Two months later sony cancelled my order. Thailand flooding. Customer service? I bought another camera instead. I felt like sony didn't want to sell me any camera since they cancelled my order.

Now I ordered Sony RX-1. Not from sony directly, but when i ordered in early october, the delivery date was end of november. When I checked in a couple of weeks ago it said end of december....

Today I checked in again. Delivery date unknown... But it is delivered all over the world already.

I think I'm going to give it another two weeks... After that, I'll order another camera instead. I'm disappointed.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello lalidgr - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I can understand why there may be conflicting information about the availability of this camera - on the official Sony page for this model the RX-1 is showing as 'Currently out of stock':

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/dsc-r-series/dsc-rx1

I cannot provide an exact reason for these delays but it is safe to assume that other camera suppliers will naturally have the same issues. If you have ordered this on a site other than Sony, I would suggest contacting them directly to see if they can provide an update.

Thanks,

Simon