Join now - be part of our community!

Suddenly, unable to download photos to my computer

profile.country.en_GB.title
Dicky-Davis
Visitor

Suddenly, unable to download photos to my computer

Hi everyone,

After sucessfully for the last 6/7 months downloaded photos onto my computer, I am unable to do so. I am getting the message on my camera (Sony cybershot DSC-HX100V)

USB Mode connecting.

Check connecting device

And am unable to go any further, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Dicky-Davis - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Could you please let me know exactly what type of computer you are using and also your version of Windows or Mac OS. Other than that, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for your camera? If you need to download the latest version of PlaymemoriesHome, the files are available from the following page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/DSC-HX100V/updates

Thanks,

Simon

Dicky-Davis
Visitor

Simon, thanks for the welcome.

The computer I'm using is Acer Aspire 7736, Windows version is 7.

Have tried uninstalling, installing the software but I'm still getting the same message. Also tried to download on an older computer of mine  and was getting the same messages.

Thanks

Alan

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :

Sorry just one more question. Is it a 64 bit version of Windows 7 or 32 bit version? The reason that I ask is that I am aware of a number of similar threads recently relating to connecting a camera to a PC where there have been problems with 64 bit systems.

Thanks,

Simon

Dicky-Davis
Visitor

Simon

It's a 64 bit version.

Alan

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :

Thanks for giving me the extra information. I have had other issues described to me regarding 64 bit Windows and PlaymemoriesHome and so I have sent the information to Customer Support to see if they can offer any advice. Naturally, once I hear back I will be in touch if they have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Simon