Join now - be part of our community!

Downloading eBooks from Kobo.com on PRS-T1 via WiFi

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
thebairn08
New

Downloading eBooks from Kobo.com on PRS-T1 via WiFi

Hi,

I have just bought a Sony PRS-T1 to replace my PRS-505.  I understand I can connect to Kobo.com from my PC/Mac and download ebooks from Kobo.com into my library (on my PC/Mac) and sync via USB to my PRS-T1.  What I was hoping to do (and one of the main reasons I bought a WiFi eReader) was to connect via WiFi from my PRS-T1 to Kobo.com and download bought books directly onto my PRS-T1. Basically I don't want to use the Sony Bookstore to download via WiFi but use Kobo.com to download via Wifi.

Is this possible or have I bought the wrong product?

Regards

Archie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thebairn08
New

Hi,

I have got it working 🙂

I set up my details again in the KOBO store (on my PC) and in the ereader application.  It all worked after that so now happy.  It also had to authorise the reader.  Detailed instructions should really be in the Sony manual.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Archie

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
carpetmojo

Quite by chance, I read this elsewhere & saved it.... !

Hope it helps   :slight_smile:

Yes, you can wirelessly download Kobo books on the T1.

1. Log-in to your Kobo account through the T1 browser.

2. Click on My Library in the upper-right corner to see your book list.

3. Click on the Adobe DRM EPUB box for the book that you want.

4. You will see Downloading in the status bar at the top of the screen.

5. Click the Home Screen button and you will see the book in your Recently Added list.

thebairn08
New

Hi,

Thanks for the info.  I tried your suggestion and it nearly worked.  I keep getting a "Download Unsuccessful" message.  I am connected to wifi with a good signal.  I even tried some of the free books (i.e. did not have Adobe DRM restriction) and got the same error message.  I must be doing something basically wrong.  I will try it again starting from a reset and build up the steps and let you know.  I thought it was going to be a lot easier than it is.  I am sure once I get it working it will be a doddle.

Thank you

Archie

thebairn08
New

Hi,

Tried it again.  Still getting "Download Unsuccessful".  I can see all the books in my Kobo library with Adobe DRM Epub 'button' by when I click it displays the "Downloading" message at the top of the screen then after about 2-3 seconds it displays "Download Unsuccessful".

Any help or advice welcome.

Regards

thebairn08
New

Hi,

I tried to 'buy' a free book from Kobo and itadded to my library.  When I tried to download within My Library it just displayed a full screen of rubbish text!! 

Regards

thebairn08
New

Hi,

I have got it working 🙂

I set up my details again in the KOBO store (on my PC) and in the ereader application.  It all worked after that so now happy.  It also had to authorise the reader.  Detailed instructions should really be in the Sony manual.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Archie