Join now - be part of our community!

Faulty screen??

profile.country.en_GB.title
alliecurling
Visitor

Faulty screen??

Hi

I brought a PRS-T1 a few months ago and now a spot has appeared on the screen, has anybody had the same problem with their ereader??

Many Thanks

Alison

5 REPLIES 5
carpetmojo

Yes, this seems to happen on some 3/650 screens, although I haven't heard of it on T1.

Provided you have taken care of it, and not slung it around the room, or left it in the dog basket......

Take it back to the retailer for a replacement/refund under the Sale of Goods Act - your contract is with them, they need to sort it out for you.

But there hasn't been any similar events brought up here for T1's that I know of......

alliecurling
Visitor

Thanks carpetmojo

Its just a small spot in the middle of the screen, emailed Littlewoods as that is where I brought it from and they said to contact Sony direct.

carpetmojo

Well, I have to say, they would, wouldn't they ! They just can't be bothered, but they who the contract has been formed, so are liable.

"Which" do a really simple guide to the Sale of Goods act, or you'll find lot's of easy to understand help on it if you google it.

Firm's will try to evade their responsibility, unfortunately - and often they can't be bothered to learn a bout it, probably because they find it easier to fob people off.

Oh, see your PM's.

fionaharper
New

I've got exactly the same problem. I've been really careful with my PRS-T1 - I don't use anything but the stylus or the pad of my finger (gently) on the touch screen, but after it had been sitting on my desk, doing nothing, I turned it on to discover a small spidery dot on the top right of the screen. It looks as if the screen may be damaged, as it doesn't go away when I turn the Reader off, but I know I didn't drop it or damage it.

afirvin
New

My screen failed completly after 18 months. It developed a similar spider like pattern in the lower left corner. I bought the reader direct from Sony online and have been back to them referencing my rights under the sale of goods act. Sony don't recognise the act. Dealing with sony has not been a good experience. Infact the experience has been so bad that I won't buy Sony again. Sony told me that they have had no issues with screens!