Join now - be part of our community!

Free books !

profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

Free books !

Hope this is of interest to someone out there .... Some will be mentioned in your various help guides etc.., but n0 harm in putting them out there again.

I'll pop in a few more as and when time permits.

I found free sites a wonderful way to fill up my Sony with classics and moderns I had missed/lost/never heard of/found just simply intruiging !

NB.... always ensure any free sites you discover are legal, don't use torrents etc... and don't direct you to a strange sounding link/server.

Inparticular .... avoid anything with "Pirate" in the title !  :cool:

Well, start with the obvious ....you haven't heard of Projectt Gutenberg, shame on you ! A superb source for PubDom works (in the public domain ie out of copyright.  All the classics and many many "modern" titles - thousands and thousands ....  Had a wonderful time helping my son's partner gathertogether  reading for her history degree, particularly regarding many really obscure contemporary published  articles, reports, etc... about the Great Famine and its repurcusssions.

MobileRead Free Library - as above re:content, not as huge, but an eclectic collection - greatly helped by the fact that most are formatted and placed in the Library by committed  e- readers - who often also  take other versions and proof read them to clear up mistakes

And to finish for now, The Internet Archive, another huge resource, but contains many academic titles, and takes a bit of getting used to .

Happy hunting . :slight_smile:

0 REPLIES 0