Join now - be part of our community!

Help with the PRS-300 please

profile.country.en_GB.title
mallyboo2
Visitor

Help with the PRS-300 please

Hi

I've been using my e-book with no problems.

I downloaded a couple of books from whsmith which saved as normal to my library.

But then the problems began.  It prompted me to register with adobe which i did and now when i try to download to my e-book it tells me

"This eBook cannot be transferred because the Reader is authorized to another  user"

Can anyone tell me what to do as i've searched the internet looking for help and i can't find anything.  I am on the verge of throwing it and my laptop out of the window ! :slight_smile:

Cheers

Kelly

2 REPLIES 2
carpetmojo

Mmm.. they do seem a bit out of the ebook loop.

I bought 2 books from WHS a few days after being given a 650 as a Christmas present  - only trying things out really, only a total of around  £4  - and managed to get them paid for, and got confirmation,and of "dispatch".

However, I couldn't even get them into my Library !

Emails have passed twixt WHS and myself at intervals now - i've had 2 apologies, and  another 2 emails telling me how to do it, neither of which work - and frankly, I've given up. And staff seem to know less about digital books than I do - which is saying something.

I have had no problems at all with Waterstones, who are really helpful, and fairly knowledgable so far, even finding an employer who had one, very handy .

Indeed, I got really so frustrated at not being able to search authors alphabetically, I fired off a grumpy email, and got the following reply in hours :

Thank you for your email.
Having investigated the matter personally, I can confirm that you can search for eBooks alphabetically by title, but there was no means to do so by author.
That being the case, I have since escalated this matter to the relevant department to hopefully have this looked at and amended appropriately.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Scott Webster
Customer Service Team
Waterstones.com

Which actually seems pretty good PR, and shows they are on the ball - hope the "escalator" works .......

So I'd try and get my money back - as I am - and go elsewhere !

Drumzman
New

Hi Kelly,

Not sure if I can help, but depending on the answers to a couple of questions based on my own experience with downloading books, it's possible!.

You say you've been using your Reader without problems, but was this the first time you've bought eBooks from somewhere like whsmith (i.e. that are copy-protected)?

Secondly, if you have bought copy-protected boooks on-line before, did you authorise your computer and Reader by entering an Adobe ID and pasword?  (You can check if they are authorised by, on the Reader looking under 'Settings' then 'About', and for the computer by opening the Reader Library software and clicking on 'Help' and then 'About Reader Library').

Lastly, when you visited whsmith's site did you install Adobe Digital Editions, and if so do you remember whether you did this before or after you downloaded the 2 books you bought?

I think your problem lies with downloading Adobe Digital Editions, as this is what it sounds like has happened, but it would be handy to know the answers to the above.

The ADE software is already built into the Reader Library software that comes with your PRS300, so you don't need to install it - but whsmith and Waterstones don't tell you that on their websites!!