Visitor

how do i delete unwanted pictures from my PRS 505

How do I delete unwanted pictures from my PRS 505 ereader

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi sleekkhight3,

The quick answer is that you have to do it on your computer by connecting your PRS505 with the USB cable.

But it does depend on what type of picture you want to delete.

Probably the easiest way is by using Windows Explorer because you can delete all types of pictures this way.

If you want to delete straightforward photos then these can be found in your Windows Explorer as follows:

Locate the 'Removable Disk' that relates to your connected PRS505 (under 'My Computer' or just 'Computer' in later versions of Windows).  Photos are found by double clicking into the following sequence of folders: database - media - images.  You should then see the list of pictures stored on your PRS505 that you can select and delete as you wish.

If you can't see the picture you want to delete here, it is probably because it falls into the category of thumbnails (images usually of eBook front covers).  If this is the case then the sequence of folders you have to follow is different and a little longer: Digital Editions - Thumbnails - database - media - books.  Once you get into the last folder, like with photos, you should be able to see the ones stored in your PRS505 and you can delete those you want.

Hope this helps!