Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-300 and adobe DE

profile.country.en_GB.title
RachelN76
Visitor

PRS-300 and adobe DE

Hi all,

I've had a Sony eReader, the PRS-300 (I think - little pink one!) for a while now, no problems.  Initially I tried various library programs and ended up with Calibre, because I liked it best.

My library has just introduced eBook borrowing, which I think is fantastic.  But to download books I need to use Adobe Digital Editions.  I did try to convince it to use Calibre, but it was having none of it.

So I tried to use DE, and it won't recognise my eReader.  It used to, when I was trying it out, but not any more.

I've tried everything I can think of, from simple turn it off and on again, to finally uninstalling calibre, uninstalling DE, reinstalling DE, returning my ereader to factory settings, but nothing.  It just won't 'see' it at all.  The book is in DE, the PC knows my ereader is there, but I cannot for the life of me get ereader and DE to talk to each other.

Any ideas?!  Free ebooks is just too good to miss!

3 REPLIES 3
Drumzman
New

Hello RachelN76,

You probably did not need to install the Adobe Digital Editions software because the Reader Library software that comes with your PRS300 has it built into it.

No matter though.  If you have the book in DE then it is just a matter of importing it into your Reader Library from where you can drag and drop it over to your Reader in the usual way.  The book should be in your documents folder on your computer under a sub-folder called My Digital Editions.

So, if you open the Reader Library software on your computer and select from the menu 'File' followed by 'Import Files' you can then navigate to the 'My Digital Editions' folder in your 'Computer' or 'My Computer' folder and select the book download you want.

To avoid having to import files in the future, you might try the following.  Again in Reader Library click 'Edit', then 'Preferences' and look to see if the box next to "Check for EPUB file type association" is ticked.  If it is not, then enter a tick.  All being well, the next time you download a book from the library it should then go straight to Reader Library.

Hope this helps.

RachelN76
Visitor

Thank you.

But my problem is that nothing seems to recognise my Reader.  So I can't drag and drop anything, or get anything onto it in any way.

Drumzman
New

Hi again,

I see - I think in that case I would be tempted to re-install Reader Library on your PC.  I found a quite helpful document buried in the Sony support pages that goes through the installation of this.  It can be a bit tricky to find, but if you follow this link first:

http://support.sony-europe.com/contacts/email/email.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

Then in the search box type the following search term: prs300

On the results that come up, scroll down to find a PDF document for a version of the Reader Library Installation.  This is quite a good step by step guide and covers stuff like what to do if the automatic boxes that prompt you to install the software don't appear, and there's also a bit about re-associating the EPUB files if you've installed Adobe DE before.

Not sure if it will help, but worth a go...