Join now - be part of our community!

Question about down loads to Reader

profile.country.en_GB.title
EagerBeaver
Visitor

Question about down loads to Reader

Can you down load Kindle Edition e-books on to your sony reader??

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

Currently I don't think there is a legal way to do it.

Understandably Amazon are quite precious about Kindle

Drumzman
New

Hi EagerBeaver,

No, not possible I'm afraid - the format Kindle uses is unique to them (so that you are tied in to buying their product, and their books from Amazon I guess)

Have you tried registering with your local library to borrow eBooks on-line though? (quite a few libraries do it now!) - It's brill, free, and something you can't do on a Kindle!!  May be an alternative way of reading any titles on your Reader without having to buy them again if you only have them in the Kindle format...

EagerBeaver
Visitor

Hi Drumzman

Many thanks for that I was not aware that you could use a library

cam6278
Visitor

some sites you can dowload free books...Kobo is one which updates quite frequently and they are new books

carpetmojo

Yeah, Kobo's good, so's manybooks.

RE: Libraries, you can also get e audiobooksfor it as well, but only a few have actual ebooks for downloading unfortunately.

My local one (Somerset) said it's something they're planning, but whether that will survive the cuts, I don't know.

[ They did have  something new though, a mini mp3 player ready loaded with a book - just provide earphones and a AAA battery and you're away, no cassetes/CD's/d/loads etc.... Ours charge £2 and its yours for 3 weeks  just like a hard book.  They have around 40 titles now, so never going to sweep the market.

GBut good for a very quick audio book (usually unabridged) without hassle.]