Join now - be part of our community!

T3 ....... tee hee ......

profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

T3 ....... tee hee ......

Well, I see it's ont' the shop page, but not priced or available .... just to wet our appetites, p'raps ?

However ....... love the look of the T3 - and congrat's Sony for a built-in cover, excellent idea, and well overdue from any manufacturer, frankly.

Can't help wondering why no screen light built-in, now standard on some of the opposition. I believe it does put a minor extra load on the battery, but can't think that would be the reason. Price issues, maybe ?

Not having had a prolonged bash at one of these "lit" offerings, I can't say it's a pity the feature isn't  on the newest Sony. I'm not totally convinced of the need for it, the "back-lit " method anyway, so would love to know the reason behind the absence ! :thinking:  I have a feeling this way of illumination would get bit tiring.

The "add-on" light would appear to solve the need for light - bit odd for a "how to" instruction video before ones' hands can get around one, but at least it shows foresight !! :laughing:

But it obviously would indicate that to supply this already installed, as it were, would drive up the unit cost of the reader - or that's what I assume is the reason...... unless it proved technically difficult, which I can't see really... this is Sony we're talking about here, after all .

I was always happy with the lit cover for the X50 generation, which this looks like a big improvement, but obviously needs a bit more fettling to get up and running .......

But very promising for the committed/loyal Sony fan .................. dependant, as ever, on the important question of how may pints/elegant glassfuls of our favourite tipple we'll have to go without to get our hands on one !!!

Here's hoping :cool:

0 REPLIES 0