Join now - be part of our community!

The illuminated case for the PRS650

profile.country.en_GB.title
Dublevay
Visitor

The illuminated case for the PRS650

OK - I've moaned about PDFs, but I should really compliment the reader case. I ordered this after a few months of realising that I just wasn't getting max enjoyment out of the reader (PDF issues aside).

The case looks great, makes it feel more like a proper book, and the integral lamp is nothing short of genius styling. Well done Sony on that one.

Only one downside, and that is that the Sony stores seem to charge wildly different prices to what is online. In my local (Lakeside, Essex, UK) store, the non-illuminated covers were around £40, which is ridiculous, to be honest. Yet online, with free express delivery, the illuminated one is £39. Doesn't really makes sense. Nor does paying more for slower delivery! :wink:

I can understand 'online specials' like you get at PC World, but with Sony, I'd expect a consistent pricing structure across physical retail and online.

Ho hum!

JW

Message was edited by: Dublevay

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Only one downside, and that is that the Sony stores seem to charge  wildly different prices to what is online. In my local (Lakeside, Essex,  UK) store, the non-illuminated covers were around £40, which is  ridiculous, to be honest. Yet online, with free express delivery, the  illuminated one is £39. Doesn't really makes sense. Nor does paying more  for slower delivery! 

Hi Dublevay,

the Sony centre shops are not owned or managed by Sony Europe, so unfortunately the price in these shops can vary from the Sony syle site.

I was looking at Camera cases today and noticed that the shop was charging nearly £5 more than the Sony style site..:smileysad:

My advise is to check the Sony Style site before making the purchase as you can always ask the shop if they'll price match..:smileywink: