Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth connection between tv and headphones

profile.country.GB.title
Flid72

Bluetooth connection between tv and headphones

Hi all,

I am having problems with a Bluetooth connection between my TV and headphones.

I am trying to connect my wh-1000xm3 to my Sony KD-49xf759b TV.

I go to Bluetooth settings and put my headphones into pairing mode and search for new device. But for some reason it does not discover my headphones. I have even gone so far as to restore TV and headphones to factory settings but it still does not connect!!!

Can someone help please????

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You should start from here https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-49xf7596/artic... and see that your tv doesn't have the necessary A2DP bluetooth profile to connect any audio device. I'm sorry

profile.country.GB.title
Flid72

Good morning Peter,

I have followed the instructions to the letter with no success. The TV says that it is searching for accessories and it just keeps searching!

I know the headphones are in pairing mode as the blue led is flashing twice intermittently. I know there is not a fault with the headphones as they connected straight away with The KD-65xg8796.

I have also placed the headphones next to the TV and turned off all of my other bluetooth devices so there is no interference.

Many thanks Mark.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Flid72  you didn't read all the instructions Peter sent to you and didn't read my post. You cannot connect bt headphone to that tv model.

profile.country.GB.title
Flid72

Hi,

It appears that my KD-49XF7596 is not on the list of applicable devices suitable for bluetooth headphones but neither is my KD-65XG8796. But my WH-1000XM3 connected with no problem on the KD-65XG8796.

Many thanks Mark.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

XG87 is not enlisted but it has the same spec as the XG85. This is the reason why it works

profile.country.GB.title
Flid72

OK I didn't know that. Thank you for your time.

Mark.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Now the good news :wink: if you look in the community there are several app that you can install in order to have A2DP on Sony's tv that do not support it natively. They change overtime so you should investigate a little bit though. One that I remember was called "Bluetooth Pair"

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert