Join now - be part of our community!

kd55ag8bu TV won’t turn on when USB plugged in

profile.country.GB.title
haighs
New

kd55ag8bu TV won’t turn on when USB plugged in

Bought TV in February this year.  Disabled YouView as we like to record tv programmes using USB - which is left plugged in. Ever so often the tv won’t turn on by the remote until we turn off the power at mains and unplug the USB. The led on the USB is lit up before we unplug it. Then we need to give it a minute before turning on the mains power (without plugging the USB back in) before the Tv will turn on by the remote when it reboots with the Android animation. 
How do we resolve this issue? Accessing the back of the tv and the power cable each time is less than ideal.

I’ve looked online but can’t find a fix. Not sure whether it’s a hardware or software issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
profile.country.GB.title
haighs
New

I tried to install the update from the USB a few times but the TV wouldn't turn back on to complete the process.  I presume it was due to the USB still being plugged in.  I gave up but the now the TV states that it cannot check for software updates error 1002.  I presume my only option now is to factory reset but I dont want to lose all my settings and logins.

profile.country.GB.title
haighs
New

The TV downloaded the latest firmware and updated correctly. Unfortunately, about a week later we had exactly the same problem - the TV wouldn't turn on whilst the USB was plugged in.  So for a week it has turned on fine with the USB plugged in. To fix the problem we unplugged the USB from the TV and then the TV from the mains. The TV now turns on again even though the USB has been plugged back in.  Please Sony find a solution to this problem for us.  We never had this problem with our KDL40HX model