Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix dark picture

profile.country.GB.title
Arrosutton
Explorer

Netflix dark picture

Hi guys - I’ve got a 49XG9005.

really pleased with the Picture via sky but have just been given access to Netflix by a relative and the picture is at best ok and at worse, almost too dull and dark to see.

ive seen a lot of chats across the net about this and Netflix recommend unplugging tv and restarting. Have also seen links saying to change download quality from auto to high. Both of these have been done but no change or the better at all.

can someone shed any light on this for me please. Is it an android thing?

i am using the app built into the tv so HMDI advice re using HDMI 1 or 2 is irrelevant.

it is so disappointing and is such an eye opener when I go back on to sky and see how much better and brighter the picture is. I’m hoping someone will have encountered this and fixed it.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried updating the firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Arrosutton
Explorer

Did what Netflix recommended - unplugging tv, doesn’t seem to need firmware.

have found a lot about this on community chat but no one seems to have found an explanation.

seems to me that you need to be using via a device attached to HDMI 1 or 2 to get the full on picture improvement but I just don’t see how the HDR setting ruins the picture. When I’m watching HDR/Dolby vision content on Netflix, it inflicts it’s own settings and cranks the brightness up to max. The irony is though that the picture is dark!
if you watch HD content the picture is fully adjustable and better, although nothing like as good as watching sky.

so disappointing