Join now - be part of our community!

PS 5 PreOrder

profile.country.AT.title
FloppiBaer
New

PS 5 PreOrder

Hello out there,

i wrote a topic and shared my opinion about the pre order of PS5 so i translated it also to english to share some thoughts about the typical pre order mentality.

The pre order is a bit of discriminating. The typical gamer is seen as a person of age under 30 years, has a lot time to play because there is only school or university and/or is often unemployed. For understanding my situation I have to say I am from Austria - Vienna her the trade for the PS 5 begun at 00:30 or 12:30 am that is a time no one who works will be able to order stuff.

I know that the mainstream gamer is in the focus of each company based on gaming. I want companies to keep in mind: "Slowly but surely, young gamer will become older and hopefully they will get a well paid and meaningfull work" so please consider this message for future.

Not only young people playing games and enjoing a well factored and powerfull gaming machine like the PS5!

Would enjoy reading some thoughts from others...

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Luciafio
New

Also, some people have bought several ps5 just with intention of reselling in ebay and make business with it. In UK right now the only way of preorder ING ps5 is paying almost double price normally, in ebay. 

This should not be legal as it is not legal to buy football tickets and re sell them!!!! 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Scalpings gone on since consoles began.

If you want a pre order, you need to be on the retailers site when they are available, and hope like other people you get one.

And bots and scalpers aren't Sony's problem, complain to eBay or wherever they are being resold.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @FloppiBaer,

that the preorders were activated around midnight was NOT done by Sony.

Sony scheduled it for the next morning but the online shops simply didn't obey the rules.

- Nic

Will not be buying the ps5!

I have supported Sony since the ps1 all they way up to ps4 even though they screwed up backwards compatible.

Sony has brought out a BLM skin! In support. This group goes against all my core belief's and values. From respect for others opinions, property, freedom ect  These are anarchists they burn loot and destroy! Hate speech towards anyone with a different opinion! Sony has chosen to bow down to these thugs on a political level where it should have remained neutral! I find this stance disappointing and extremely offensive. 

If this was a move to get people to buy your products. Your customer base has just dropped in a huge number.  I think you will find a lot of customers still hold  values and integrity in high regard. I will not support anyone or company's  who aligns with political anarchists  or communist groups!!!

The message I get from Sony is loud and clear. I am hated! 

You will no longer have my support as a customer.

Regards

Matthew Lombard.

Just stopped supporting Sony after over 20 years because of the BLM rubbish they put up!!!

They got political and they never should have done that!! 

Had a great 20 years of gaming but I think I will just put my money else where. 

Where I know I am not supporting communists anarchists or looting!!

So long Sony!

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Dude, no one is forcing you to download the theme!

BLM as a group may have some core aims that many don't agree with, but for those that do what's wrong with having a theme?

We get pride themes, holiday themes, those are insulting too to some regions of the world but they just choose not to download them.

If you don't like it, don't download it, that's the freedom you have.

profile.country.GB.title
Surrendermonkey
Explorer

Good for you, no doubt Sony will feel the loss. I hope you will be sending money not spent on Sony products to Mr Trump as he seems needy and the covid 19 crisis almost certainly means he will be losing his job very soon. I would ask though, is your decision rash or wise? I find Sony's actions in these matters to be ones of good intent and a rare thing in these times when the people who should be leading with honesty and integrity are failing to show even the most basic understanding of anything that isn't money or themselves. Noice one Sony.