Join now - be part of our community!

Sony ILCE 6500

profile.country.GB.title
mikmar1

Sony ILCE 6500

Just changed to the Sony 6500 and  its a wonderful little  piece of engineering and in my opinion the best of its class . Having used mirrorless  cameras for  years  I have found the  advantages  over DSLR are enormous except for one little bug bear   Focus . Low light hunting  and speed of lock on were  in my mind spoiling an excellent package.  Then I discovered Sony  having used Nikon  all my professional  life as a staff press photographer  based in N Ireland  and on my retirement  purchased a Nikon DSLR and kit of lenses  which  were great but far too heavy  for  me . I settled a micro four thirds  outfit  which was everything I wanted except  for the focusing  problems  and after some  research settled on a Sony 6000 and it was the beginning of my Sony journey.  Now with the 6500  I can capture  anything without missed frames and I find my Tamron 150 - 600  a dream to use  even with an adaptor . Its wonderful to have an outfit  that  performs so well just a pity I did not have it  when I was working during the N Ireland troubles.  

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your journey to finding the ILCE-6500 and how well it suits you. If you're interested feel free to share some of your images in our picture gallery or regular photography competitions.  

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
mikmar1

Just to follow up om my journey  with the ILCE6500  what can I say its all that it promised to be  and for such a small frame its packed with technology  and  ]it delivers a quality  of image which is simply stunning. The metering and focus system is lightning fast and  locks on  even in low light in an instant . Even with non Sony  lenses its a dream to use and with the  Sigma EF adaptor for very long lenses Tamron  100-400 and their 150-600 its a wow  fast and responsive. I do admit I was disappointed with the lack of very long affordable Sony lenses  hence my using Tamron.  I  decided on the 100-400 Tamron for my  main long lens as the 600 was a bit to heavy for me and the 400 is perfect  and coupled to the ILCE 6500  is a world beater in every way  .  In all I must say the camera has exceeded all my expectations but for one  major niggle the card  slot on the base  is a nightmare to release  when the fingers are cold  as the card  does not spring out far enough to get a proper grip on .  A twin card reader on the  side would make a brilliant camera  into a superb  one. But I will not change  just because of that  I like what  I have got and intend to use it as long as I can.