Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XA1 Screen issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Gjk7777
New

Sony XA1 Screen issue.

Has anyone found a fix to the common problem with the touch screen not working on the left and right far side of the screen? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Dr_Chris
Explorer

Hi, how long have you been having these issues and is your phone still under warranty?

profile.country.GB.title
Gjk7777
New

No solution is available, I upgraded the phone to Oreo, and my phone and thousands of others had the same software issue. The XA1 has a slight ridge on the edges of the screen, now any touches beyond the ridge, aren't being recognised, typing P and Q are impossible. Out of warranty of course, just hoping Sony can fix the problem, which I know they won't, as all the phones are out of warranty now. Nice move Sony!

profile.country.GB.title
adwalker777
Explorer

oh i was panning to buy this phone soon !

profile.country.GB.title
Dr_Chris
Explorer

Hi, I've had this phone for about 18 months now, and although screen issues have been reported for the XA1 quite frequently, fortunately I've had no problems with it so far. Bought the dual SIM version on Amazon UK in virtually new condition for a bargain price, so from my point of view this is an excellent mid-range phone with a fast processor and a great camera, so would highly recommend it, although I do understand that all the screen issues that have been reported would put a lot of people off buying this phone.