Join now - be part of our community!

terrible customer service

SOLVED
L_Richardson
Explorer

terrible customer service

I bought Breaking Bad as a gift for my parents. Series 4-6 will not play, I have tried 3 DVD players (SONY ones) a Blu-Ray player and 4 laptops. I exchanged the disks at the store, again 4-6 didn't play. I exchanged them again for a 3rd set and the same thing happened. Suggesting the issue is the DRM protection. So I have wasted time and money and contacted SONY consumer@SPHECustomerSupport.Sony and explained they said they can do nothing but I should call 0207531200. When you call there is an answering service which promises if you leave your details you will be called back the next working day. 12 calls on - no response. So I emailed again, advised them of this and my annoyance at the amount of time I have spent and money in petrol, calls and the original cost of these unplayable DVDs. To which the email response suggested exchange them at the store because all they can do is give the London number. I then pointed out that I did that originally, twice. That if the person responding read my email they would be aware of this. So I would like the complaints department contact information. All I wanted was to exchange my disks for ones that will play for my parents. All I have gotten is a unhelpful advice from uninterested "customer service" that have increased the amount I have spenttrying to resolve it. Now I have multiple complaints, requests for a response ignored. I cant believe I have spent so much money over the years on a company that is so disrespectful to its customers, complaints are just ignored!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Update:
I have been informed by one of my contacts that your case has been forwarded onto the correct department..
Hopefully you should receive an email from them (Sony) soon, if you do not hear anything by a day or two please update this thread..

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hmm that's odd.., I'm getting access denied when following the link to your post from my email notifications.

I think when you've exhausted every avenue in obtaining a fair and proper response from Sony so you need to start looking at other alternatives. There are various consumer rights organizations you could turn to for advice but given the nature of this issue they might well tell you it's not worth it.

I appreciate that doesn't help you very much but other than buying equipment from a different manufacturer your options are somewhat limited right now.

Incidentally I've been chasing 20th Century Fox on a similar issue lately whereby the movie 'The Maze Runner' refuses to play on some Sony BD Players. I have today received a reply from them stating that all their discs are within the specified tolerances and they have contacted all the major manufacturers to advise them to update their firmware in an effort to prevent such issues from re-occurring.

So perhaps DRM is not the issue here?!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi L_Richardson,
Welcome to the Sony User Communty Forum..
I'll see if I can get someone from Sony to look into this for you, if I recieve a reply I will update this thread..
L_Richardson
Explorer

Hi,

It would be great if someone could.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi L_Richardson,
Has anyone been in contact with you regarding your Breaking Bad compatibility problem.?
L_Richardson
Explorer

No, I called. I emailed. Calls aren't returned. Emails are ignored. Even the ones asking to speak to a manager and the ones requesting information on the complaints procedure. I am irritated I couldnt enjoy your product but disgusted at the lack of customer support.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,
I have forwarded your comments on to one of my contacts in Sony so hopefully someone should be in contact soon..
Might be worth checking that your account details are correct..
L_Richardson
Explorer

They definately have correct contact details, my initial email was responded to giving me a number for the London office to call.When calling the office number an answering service asked for a message and contact details, which I left on multiple occasions without response. Then despite responding to my previous emails once I advised I couldnt get a response to my calls I emailed again and then got ignored. After multiple call attempts and email attempts that were ignored I emailed again asking for your complaints department which also went ignored. There is no reason why someone shouldnt be able to contact me. But to this day only you have bothered and I still do not have a resolution.

Thanks

L_Richardson
Explorer

I appriciate your response, the thing that I find so offensive is not that I had the initial problem it's the lack of support from the "customer services".

I honestly have never before dealt with a company who thinks its acceptable to ignore contact from its customers. They didnt say they couldnt deal with it, they first referred my to a number they advised me could and when I don't get a response on that number they ignore further contact.

I've honestly never known anything like it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I can understand your frustration..

i have again chased my contact in Sony but to avoid any confusion I & all of the other Experts posting in the community are not Sony employees but I have over many years gained several contacts within Sony who can usually help with issues such as yours..