Join now - be part of our community!

The Past Midnight Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Past Midnight Thread

This is the past midnight to 6am thread.  Post whatever you like or comes to mind.

With just 2 rules:

1. Can only post on this thread between midnight and 6am
  2. Comply with normal forum rules
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

And I'll start

What is it about elderly people and technology!  Arrrgh.  I go down to see my Grand-dad on Saturday (86years old).  He has a nice 32 inch freeview HD tv, but refuses to turn it on until 6pm.  Even though he gets bored on his own during the day, and quite often just sits and snoozes in the chair.  Reason why he wont turn it on sooner (even if it would keep him occupied) - Is because it has always been that way.

Wont watch any channel other than BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, and Channel 4.  I turned it on when I was there, but he wouldnt let me show him any of the other channels that freeview has to offer.  Reason - In case i broke it, and wont work when I leave, as well as that he has always only watched those 4 channels.  No amount of telling him that you cannot break the tv by going to another channel !!!

Arrrrgh

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

wants to reply but can't until midnight :cry: :tongue:

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

The pre midnight door has been opened? I will step right in! :thumbsup:

A bit late for me :clock:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I suppose once opened it would be rude not to come back in again lol

Well it must be midnight somewhere :dizzy:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now, I have been waiting 12 hours to say this - FAIL FAIL FAIL - Rule 1 :slight_smile:

I thought, No im not going to break my own rule just to satisfy my curiosity - However I am intrigued on what you was going to say.  So please please please say it !!  LOL

Sad to say though, my grandad is in hospital at the moment, Heart issues.  Not major thankfully, but was expecting him released today, but didnt happen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I forgot to say, I went to Coventry on Saturday.  Thought I'd pop into the Sony Store whilst I was there and passing.  IT'S CLOSED DOWN.  Such a pity.  The guys in there were a great bunch.  I had a great long chat with them once, over an hour about all sorts!.  Not like the store in Bristol (Cabbot Circus) - Went in there once and never again, unwelcoming/unfriendly and unhelpful (that was 2011).  Glad to say though the Milton Keynes store was very friendly.

profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Sorry to hear your dad isn't well .....

Oh, and I'd like to point out that I play by the rules 😉

Anyway, the reason I'm still on the net is because I've been researching aerial shark fins, and finally found one that wasn't going to break the bank, so just hit the buy button B-)  so excited 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im up most nights until 2 to 3am ! 

What is an aerial shark fin?

Oh, and please forgive me if Im wrong here - I have you pictured as a female?

If so, please please please do NOT put those stupid eyelashs on the headlights of your nice car !

profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

hahaha, love it, you've made my day lol

Ok, I'll answer one at a time:

I work nights, so quite often you'll find me lurking in the small hours.

The aerial shark fin is a mod for my car, to take it from looking like a bumper car:

31 - 050813 (13).jpg

You picture right, I am in fact a female 🙂

And in answer to your last question, I am probably not your typical female car owner, therefore no worries here about pansying it up 😉