Join now - be part of our community!

Vintage Sony products.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Vintage Sony products.

I was having a discussion about Walkman's the other day which prompted me to go search my house for my old Sony Walkman. Sadly i couldn't find it but this was pretty close. Seeing as you can get a waterproof Walkman in the shape of headphones today, they've come pretty far!

sony-walkman.jpg

Does anyone have any old Sony products they'd like to share? Can be anything. Who has the oldest or rarest product?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That looks like it has a rewind button.  If so, that is so much more fancier than I had on my first Walkman.  But I cant remember what it even looks like.  Had a quick look through google images, and dont remember.

But about a month after I got my first CD walkman - the cassette version found its way to the back of a cupboard for quite some time.  If memory serves me right.

It could be this one though

walkman.jpg

PS: Off Topic - I cant insert images via a web url "Unable to Save Image. Sorry, we are unable to save this image. Image Title: Please enter a value for this field" - Even when I do

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Thanks. We'll look into it.

I never had a CD Walkman. How were they when on the move? Can't imagine where they could have been carried.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drewde wrote:

I never had a CD Walkman. How were they when on the move? Can't imagine where they could have been carried.

I liked my CD Walkman (Discman?) to be honest, even with the flaws of

• Too big to fit in a pocket
  • The plastic belt clip was to easy to snap
  • A slight scratch on a CD and it would jump 20 seconds (after a pause of 15 or so seconds)
  • Jumps/Pauses/skips tracks when too much movement *

*Later editions had built in memory to "pre-read" data ahead as a buffer to counter-act movement.

The adverts of the time (if memory is correct) is all these people taking if on a run/jog - I couldnt even play mine when riding my bike to school !

But the thing kept going and going and going.  Dropped more times than I can remember. Batteries lasted a fair while, dust/sand never harmed mine, and a little bit of water was like off a ducks back.

profile.country.GB.title
celli27
Explorer

I have a sony handycamvision CCD-TRV57E 

it was a second hand gift.I,v never used it.

its a video 8 XR

very good condition with case and new cassette.

and charger.

I have no idea how video 8 works1