Join now - be part of our community!

Gigajuke problems need sorting now

profile.country.en_GB.title
PammiJ
Visitor

Gigajuke problems need sorting now

Ive had my gigajuke for ages, its always had probs, and to be honest its the most expensive waste of money to date.

But i paid for it so i really do need to get the probs sorted once and for all

ON THE MAIN SERVER UNIT

1- the gigajuke is connected to internet by wireless dongle - it will fetch cd info - but its never ever updated the software (3yrs of no updates!) surely this cannot be right! Ive tried to do manual update but saying "no updates available!"

2 - The DAB radio - i had this working when i first got it - but its now not working - no radio stations and get message saying "no stations found not registered!" Like i said it used to work! so it must be "registered"

ON THE ADDTIONAL WIRELESS UNIT UPSTAIRS

1 - The internet radio - i used to use shoutcast but now i can only get live 365! Shoutcast isnt available - i know sony stopped using it a while back but is there any update on the radio other then live 365?

2 - I used to be able to connect to the main unit and play my favourites from there...now it keeps losing connection pretty much as soon as i connect it goes off and loses it! It must be able to connect as it picks up internet radio!!

When i try to reconnect through aoss it just keeps coming back to the "found nas" press it - it connects then loses it again!!

Like i say it must be doing something as the internet radio works!

Can anybody help clear up these niggly problems please - i sure would apprieciate it, as sony isnt any help (on the manual side) at all!!

5 REPLIES 5
R0ssb0y
Visitor

I've had one for about 2 years and have the same problems - the DAB Radio "started" working but has since given up the ghost - Mine actually seems to see stations - but no sound comes out - Maybe its a crap fixture between the mainboard and the DAB radio. Also Never seen a system upgrade - Sony please either

A)maintain and release updates to the firmware or

B)Release the whole lot under GPL so that thos eof us who spent far too much on this white elephant have a least some chance of upgrading it.

visitorA
Visitor

We have had our unit for 3 years and it is the worst piece of Hi Fi equipment we have ever owned. It takes so long to set up and if we get a power blip it screws it up. We cannot get internet, internet radio and now party mode is not working. Seriously this is RUBBISH and not fit for purpose. You need a degree in electronics to get it to work and I assume SONY will do absolutely nothing to help. I will now go on every forum and consumer website to dis SONY because they have had £750 off me and given me rubbish.

profile.country.GB.title
simonjash
Explorer

Had it for 3 years and only now you are saying your unit is crap - what happened before this did it not work ?

or did you imagine that it did.

Be constructive this a is not a moaning site it is one were you are supposed to build up a picture and help those who monitor the issues to work with Sony and solve the problem.

Have you carried out the fix as per the Giga Juke Strand HERE ?

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

added link 🙂

PammiJ
Visitor

Simonjash.....yes i have had it 3 years, but i also have a life! I have messed around with it when i have had the time, but i brought a playstation 3 just before that and the first release of that machine was crap too (well known fact sony use crap wireless cards in their machines).

So i muddled through with it! Without updates and the unit upstairs i just used rarely!

Now i have more time and the unit upstairs wont respond (exept if used on playlist) plus my daughter wanted to use the dab radio on the main unit and cant!!

That then prompted me to ask a question on here (as i have only just found the forum!).

As for the link in your post  - I doubt very much that i have the software update as i think the only time it ever connected to the internet was when i first switched it on - thereafter it never did (except on the odd occaision - for one time but it always said "no updates found")

I think after spending £750 i have a right to moan!! I totally agree with others on here, when they say its the most expensive rip off piece of crap i have ever spent my money on!!

profile.country.GB.title
gelenno67
Explorer

I've only had the main unit for a few years now & it has been ok for me until the display packed in. Now nothing can be seen to say what's playing or I can't see to name any new cd's if needed