Join now - be part of our community!

HAP Z1 ES - Hi res streaming capability please . . . .

profile.country.GB.title
Nigel-ES
New

HAP Z1 ES - Hi res streaming capability please . . . .

Sony . . .  

I have had a HAP Z1ES since 2015 - I love it except for one thing - I cannot use the streaming capability to stream hi-res. I have hung on the vain hope that Spotify would provide a hi-res option but to no avail. 

I have over 1000 albums loaded. I use an external DAC and hard drive and I can do this because you upgraded the firmware to enable it. 

But the one thing that means the HAP Z1 ES remains a source of frustration is that it does not integrate a hi-res music streaming service. I use Qobuz which has now launched in the US which must introduce a whole new market for Qobuz integration (I am in the UK) . Qobuz tell me I have to approach Sony  . . . . . 

Please, please, please either implement a firmware upgrade to include Qobuz at the highest streaming rate possible. . . .  and even better then give Qobuz full access to your extensive music catalogue so you can earn some royalties from the move too . . . . I assume that soon Sony will stop releasing firmware updates for the HAP Z1 ES  . . . . so please offer the updated before you do.

Anyone who reads this and supports the move please show your support too!!

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
senna1
New

Have to agree that Sony is missing a trick by not supporting Hi-Res streaming services.

The unit does a admirable job with Spotify but the difference using 16 or 24 bit streaming would allow the unit to show its true colours. And especially seeing that Quboz would be willing to support Sony.

So add another vote asking Sony for a firmware upgrade.