Join now - be part of our community!

Issues with surround audio on STR-DN1080

Ilzhahkha
New

Issues with surround audio on STR-DN1080

I've been having some issues with I assume is the settings in the receiver and was hoping to find some help here.

My current setup is a STR-DN1080 with external speakers in a 5.1 configuration with input units (Nvidia Shield TV, Sony BluRray player) as well as a LG 4k OLED TV connected through ARC.

For some reason I don't seem to get correct sound levels when I connect a video input through any of HDMI connections in the receiver if the input audio is in a surround format (same result with AC 5.1 as well as various Dolby and DTS codecs tested) where the easiest issue to spot is almost non-existant speech but normal levels on background audio. This is not an issue if I have the input as pure Stereo or if I take in the signal from the ARC on the TV (and use a HDMI input on that unit).

For the AVR setting it doesn't seem to matter what audio format I use (i.e. A.F.D. or 2ch/multi stereo). I've gone through the speaker setup (central speaker was set to +10 dB) and all speakers give a good test tone. Speaker pattern is set to 5.1.

Any idea of how I can start troubleshooting this would be appreciated. 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'd recommend getting in touch with the support team here who will be best to advise further.

Best wishes,

Sean