Join now - be part of our community!

PS-HX500 turntable

profile.country.GB.title
davidduncan1941
Explorer

PS-HX500 turntable

I have just purchased a PS-HX500 turntable to link to my Sony Bravia 4KTV and Skye Soundbox.  I cannot get any response through the TV which according to the instruction manual is quite straightforward with the phono jacks.

I can get the Hi-Res recording through my computer then transferred by Bluetooth to the Soundbox. But this is a complicated way when I just want to hear my vinyl collection.

Can anyone suggest why my tv will not connect direct to my turntable?   I am not an expert and am now totally perplexed since I only bought the Sony Bravia 19 months ago along with a Sony 4K player. Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Sony Drew

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @davidduncan1941,

trough which type of cable did you connect the turntable to your TV - I would assume a Chinch (white/red) to 3.5mm TRS connector. Is that right? Or does your TV have a dedicated composite video (yellow) + chinch (white/red) input?

In the former case - you need to use a TRRS to Composite Video (yellow) + Chinch (white/red) cable. Also important here is, that these cables are not standardized in terms of the assignment of the contacts, meaning the cable-end colors can be mixed up in function.

For the latter - it should work right away if you select the right input for your TV.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
davidduncan1941
Explorer

Many thanks.  Will try what you say.  The cable supplied was only red/ white to red/white but the tv has red/white/yellow.  Thanks,  David.