Join now - be part of our community!

Sony MAP-S1 issue

profile.country.GB.title
rodcy53
Explorer

Sony MAP-S1 issue

Hi. Posting again as no suggestions first time. If anyone can point me in the direction of any help (perhaps from Sony themselves!) I would be grateful. As stated before I have a new router as I've just got a fibre connection to the house. All devices work with the router except my Sony MAP-S1. I have followed the connection instructions but to no avail. Trying a WPS connection doesn't work - the network icon doesn't appear on start up as indictaed in the manual. The system will work with a network cable to my laptop but not by wifi (and I did not try to set up wifi connetcion with te cable in place). The troubleshooting section in the manual is of no help at all. It mentions the network icon but doesn't state how to get it working if it doesn't show.

I feel that the MAP-S1 isn't searching for the wifi. Can anyone help me get it to do so. This is my only Sony device and I'm not that impressed by the support so far. Many thanks in anticipation.

Rod

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @rodcy53,

if possible simply configure the new routers settings so the WiFi has the same SSID and password as the previous one.

That will cause all devices to connect to the new router just as they would connect to the old one.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
rodcy53
Explorer

Hi Nic

Thanks for your response.  I've set up all other devices so would rather not to go back again if I can help it. It should not be necessary anyway as my TV, laptops, PC, tablet, phones, printer all work with the new modem.

I cannot understand why I cannot see the network icon on the MAP-S1 screen or even see the device on my computer network screen. Surely the MAP-S1 is not configurable only for one wi-fi network!

I will probably try this if all else fails. Thanks again.

Rod

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @rodcy53,

it shouldn't be necessary - it was just a workaround I proposed, since I don't own the device and can't pinpoint the underlying issue from looking trough the manual.

- Nic