Join now - be part of our community!

Sony str za....es amplifiers

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Clive24
Explorer

Sony str za....es amplifiers

Does anybody know if these amplifiers will be sold in England or europe?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I received an answer back from Sony today.  Unfortunately there has been no announcement to sell the ES model AV Receivers in the UK or EU. 

If you look around though, some models can be found on Ebay or other re-sellers - but they are not officially stocked by Sony.  As such, I would imagine that any available model is probably coming from overseas, so an adapter would be required for the mainslead at minimum, and it has not been tested for the EU markets.

Only these models are available in the UK/EU:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/home-cinema/t/av-receivers

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you have an exact model number/s in mind?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Clive24
Explorer

Yes the str za3000es or str za5000es

profile.country.GB.title
Clive24
Explorer

Or the new str za3100 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I received an answer back from Sony today.  Unfortunately there has been no announcement to sell the ES model AV Receivers in the UK or EU. 

If you look around though, some models can be found on Ebay or other re-sellers - but they are not officially stocked by Sony.  As such, I would imagine that any available model is probably coming from overseas, so an adapter would be required for the mainslead at minimum, and it has not been tested for the EU markets.

Only these models are available in the UK/EU:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/home-cinema/t/av-receivers

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Clive24
Explorer

Thank you for your answer, thats a big shame i guess cambridge audio will be getting a new customer soon

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Clive24
Explorer

So I ended up buying the str dn 1070 and so far so good. Two years have passed since I asked about the str za series. So I  was wondering if Sony have been considering selling any es series amplifiers in Europe/ England?