Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1080 and Music center wifi problems

profile.country.NO.title
Tertis
New

STR-DN1080 and Music center wifi problems

Hi,

just got my STR-DN1080 almost up and running perfectly. But I have one problem connected to the music center app. So this is the problem:

1. At first setup I got wifi connection to the app. 

2. But after standby mode (receiver off) it can only connect via bluetooth.

3. If I disconnect the ethernet cable and put it back in - it will work (but it pretty annoying to do that each time)

I have tried with both wired and wireless setup. And the same happens (except that with wireless there is no way to disconnect without pulling the electricity plug of the receiver). 

I have also tried every tips and trick - just like the person here: https://community.sony.ee/t5/hi-fi-systems/str-dn1080-home-network-issue/m-p/2546918 

So is this a hardware issue? Or software that can be fixed? Or some hidden setting that is hard to locate? 

Brds

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Tertis,

Can you please confirm, that your receiver is running the latest firmware?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/audio-components-receivers-amplifiers/str-dn1080/download...

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.NO.title
Tertis
New

Hi,

it says no update available, and current version is M41.R.0445 which seems to be the newest also.

Brds

profile.country.NO.title
Tertis
New

Solution for me: I conducted a full power reset of both modem and router. Then it started working with wifi connection after standby.

The only thing I hope now is on the next update - is possibility to turn on the receiver from music center when in standby mode also for European models.

Consider this ticket solved.

Brds 

Tags (1)
REBELinBLUE2021
Explorer

Having the exact same issue, it connected via wifi once, now it will not do so again

Temezi
New

Having the same issue as well. Hope Sony will fix this quickly .