Join now - be part of our community!

Using BDSP790 as SACD player

profile.country.IE.title
igorwojcicki
Explorer

Using BDSP790 as SACD player

Sony doesn't care anymore about people who listen to SACD (which by the way are still produced by Sony), seems like only chance is to get not dedicated sacd player but BDPS790 BRPlayer with multichannel SACD output. I didn't buy it yet but I would love to know if there's any possibility to use it as SACD player without my tv being turn on (this is what happens when I listen to CD right now using my BDSP490) but still to keep possibility to use Theatre Sync when I use it as BR player?

My reciver in cinema room is STR DN1040.

I would be more than happy to know that there is a solution. Just hate to listen to CD and see my TV turned on. When I turn of TV player and reciver are turned off too....

Thank you!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

I cant see why it wouldnt work, as all you are doing is outputting the audio to the DN1040's connected speakers (and if necessary video to TV) - What you probably need to do though is turn OFF some or ALL of the Control for HDMI (Bravia Sync) settings.

You will also need to do the same on the TV and DN1040 as well, to ensure that switching the TV OFF, does not switch connected equipment off.  Sometimes there are settings on the TV to keep some functions.

Cheers

profile.country.IE.title
igorwojcicki
Explorer

Still don't know what to do. Maybe it will be easier just to look for other company and keep Theathre Sync on and play sacd from other source?

Does anybody know if Sony will get proper SACD player in their offer in the future?

Thank you for answer anyway! :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony does have a SACD player on the market, but unfortunately it is not multi-channel:

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/cd-players/scd-xe800

Try contacting the Sony's Sales team to see if there are any others on the way?

Cheers

profile.country.IE.title
igorwojcicki
Explorer

I know, but even that player is impossible to buy in Ireland.