Join now - be part of our community!

vtuner setup for MX750Ni

profile.country.en_GB.title
harkers
Visitor

vtuner setup for MX750Ni

Hi. I have just set up my new MX750Ni on my network and can stream music from my Twonky NAS. However, when I try to use the Music Services option I select VTuner but receive a "Cannot Connect" message. Also the manual tells me to scroll down on the Music Services menu to see the registration code but this does not show as an option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Harkers

38 REPLIES 38
myplacean
Visitor

hi

have you manage to solve this problem i have exactly the same issue, i cannt either get the registration code

thks

harkers
Visitor

no I'm afraid not. I looked at how my Twonky dnla server was setup with vtuner and you do need the code to register and it seems that onkyo, yamaha etc all have their own vtuner portals so I'm guessing their should be something similar for sony - but I am only guessing! Looks like we'll have to wait for a firmware upgrade from Sony (I'll not be holding my breath....)

harkers

Amy2010
Visitor

Exact same problem for me to initially I did connect to the music services but when I switched it off and back on again I have since not been able to connect to the music services although I can connect to my  windows media player. I dont know whether its a technical fault with my Hi fi or if its a problem with the Vtuner server but Im not happy that it doesnt work though.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
JebMan
Visitor

Same problem here in NL.

20% down time with the cannot connect message.

Can't access the portal sony.net/audio/musicservices from where it all should be possible to manage your settings.

Sony Netherlands told me by phone that last week this website was planned to come online but I noticed it hasn't.

For me it its disappointing, when I bought the radio I thought it is an ordinary internetradio but now it seems that we are depended of the stations Sony is selecting for us and we are depended of the stability and support from Sony for this portal.

Hopefully it is a matter of time for us as early adapters...

myplacean
Visitor

I think that the Vtuner portal os off most of the time, it is not a techical problem with the stereo. Anyway Sony is selling a feature that is not working at all and I am paying for a expensive hifi to get a not working internet radio feature......

I am not happy at all with this..... I cant either get the code ...

harkers
Visitor

Come on Sony! If this small selection of postings here represents the disappointment your customers are feeling about this product then please have the decency to post a response explaining the situation other wise your "customer forum" will have as little credibility as your ability to implement an internet radio feature.

You can also look into why the mp3 tags from my DNLA compliant NAS are all displayed as "unknown" on this device but display perfectly well on all other hardware and software media players I care to use. If there is something I spend time on it is setting up my tags correctly so it shouldn't have a problem reading basic tags such as artist name!

For anyone who is interested, Sony have got an iphone app that you can use to control your MX750. It is pretty basic but you can choose a track (I can't skip to next track when playing all tracks from Twonky however) and control the volume and see the album art for the currently playing track. Search for Sony Network audio remote.

I'm not sure why I am promoting this but it distracted me momentarily from the vtuner issue! 😉

profile.country.fi_FI.title
Fefber
Visitor

My problem with vTuner is that many WMA streams are missing in service list. I compared this list

http://vtuner.com/setupapp/guide/asp/BrowseStations/startpage.asp

and I noticed that I get MP3 streams but almost all WMA streams are missing.

I don't know if the problem is with my system or vTuner servers.

Help ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

it doesn't appear as though anyone has an answer to your problems..:smileyconfused:

Other than checking your network connections all I can suggest is that you all contact either your local retailer or Sony support for assistance -  CMT-MX750NI support

Grahamjohnson10
Visitor

I have the same problem, I just can't get any internet radio. All I get is a message saying "No Services".