Join now - be part of our community!

4 ohm speakers - 1040 receiver

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mpezzer
New

4 ohm speakers - 1040 receiver

Hi all I'm thinking of upgrading my speakers, would 4 ohm speakers put to much stress on the 1040's amplifier ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I would not advise you to add 4ohm speakers to this AMP.  Especially if you intend use the AV Receiver at higher volumes and/or longer periods of time.  There are many 6/8ohm speakers on the market that would do the job nicely.  I can only guess that the 4ohm speakers are from a different piece of equipment?

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I would not advise you to add 4ohm speakers to this AMP.  Especially if you intend use the AV Receiver at higher volumes and/or longer periods of time.  There are many 6/8ohm speakers on the market that would do the job nicely.  I can only guess that the 4ohm speakers are from a different piece of equipment?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mpezzer
New

Thank you for your fast reply. I've got a 5.1 sub sat system by M&K which is no longer available to buy , I'd like to upgrade to 7.1 using similar M&K speakers .
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problems :slight_smile:

You will probably over heat the AV Receiver (prolonged use/driven hard) and shorten the life span doing it that way. 

Good luck with everything :four_leaf_clover: