Join now - be part of our community!

Apps on BDP-S6700 Blu Ray player

profile.country.IE.title
amacniadh
New

Apps on BDP-S6700 Blu Ray player

Hi there, 

I just bought (Jan 2019) the BDP S6700 blu ray dvd player and I was just wondering how many apps should it have?  The blurb from Sony said more than 300 apps, but on mine I have only 15.  I've checked and the software is up to date.

I live in Ireland so I know I don't have access to the BBC etc, but in the reviews for the player I read about a lot of apps that simply aren't there.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for your time, 

Adrian.  

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I would recommend getting in touch with the support team here who will be able to advise on this. 

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @amacniadh,

I own Sonys current flagship BD-Player, the UBP-X800 and it features around 16 apps.

Where do you get the "300" available apps from?

Maybe you confused the TV "KD-60X6700" with your BD-Player - the TV runs on Android and features much more apps than your BD-Player.

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
amacniadh
New

Hi Nic, 

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.  I got it here from Sony's own ad for the player on Amazon which is where I bought it from:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-BDP-S6700-Multiroom-Mirroring-Upscaling/dp/B01AAH1CZE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UT...

3rd bullet point down: 

• Access over 300 online apps for catch-up TV like BBCiPlayer or Channel 5 and VoD like Netflix and many more

If you have the top of the range model and you've only got 16 too, then I guess that's it.  But after seeing the above I was expecting a few more.  

Anyway thanks again for getting back to me, 

Cheers, 

Adrian. 

profile.country.IE.title
amacniadh
New

Thanks Sean, 

I've done that too, but I just thought I'd post the question on the forum to see what actual owners might have to say. 

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply, 

Have a good weekend!

Adrian. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @amacniadh,

that looks like a mistake from amazon to me (or from the person who supplied the bulletin-points to amazon). They probably took the info from one of the TVs which runs Android (which the player doesn't).

I would report the wrong info via the tool below the bulletin points called "Report incorrect product information."

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
amacniadh
New

Hi Nic, 

Thanks for the suggestion, I will do that.

I'm very happy with the player, it's a great product, I'm just a little disappointed with Amazon for the wrong information. 

Thanks again, 

Adrian.