Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S185 Blu-ray player problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
mcc001
Visitor

BDP S185 Blu-ray player problems

I recently purchased a Sony BDP S185 internet enabled Blu-ray Player. It claims to up scale non Blu-ray DVDs. However I have had many issues and it will not read two of my box-sets (non Blu-ray). It is not always the same problem that occurs. Sometimes the DVD menu will not load; the DVD starts up and goes straight to the episode then I cannot get back to the menu, it will freeze on a grey screen so I have to turn off at the mains. If the DVD menu does load the cursor will then freeze so I cant then play the DVD or in fact do anything so again the only way to turn off the player is to turn off at the mains.

In view of this I have tried several things. I returned for an exchange but the replacement had the same issues. I updated the software but again had the same issues. I tried the DVDs that this occurred with on different players;
1. non Sony DVD player- DVDs worked fine
2. my Sony vaio laptop with Blu-ray- DVDs worked fine
3. PS3 (with Blu-ray)- didn't work- exactly the same issues as with the Blu-ray player I brought

Is there anything more I can do? Does anyone know why the player wont read the DVDs? I dont understand why the DVDs work on my Sony vaio laptop but cannot be read on the Sony Blu-ray player or the Sony PS3.

Thank you

0 REPLIES 0