Join now - be part of our community!

BDP - S3100: HDMI port

SOLVED
profile.country.FI.title
rospanzera
New

BDP - S3100: HDMI port

Hi,

The model above has in the technical specs a HDMI (out) port. I have a TV model KDL 32W653A with an HDMI port.

Can I connect the two devices with an HDMI cable? Is it relevant that the HDMI port in the Blue Ray device is an "out" port? I suppose that's the way it should be for the connection to work, isn't it ? That is Blue Ray port = out, TV HDMI port = in...am I correct?

Thank you

Rosario

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rospanzera wrote:

Hi,

The model above has in the technical specs a HDMI (out) port. I have a TV model KDL 32W653A with an HDMI port.

Can I connect the two devices with an HDMI cable? Is it relevant that the HDMI port in the Blue Ray device is an "out" port? I suppose that's the way it should be for the connection to work, isn't it ? That is Blue Ray port = out, TV HDMI port = in...am I correct?

Thank you

Rosario

Hi there

I have looked at the Technical Specifications  and cannot find anywhere it says it has a HDMI OUT port.  If anything it will be what they call ARC (Audio Return Channel) - HDMI 1

To connect a Blu-ray player you connect it this way:

Bluray (HDMI OUT) > TV (HDMI IN)

See page 13 of the blu-ray manual here : http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4442383412.pdf

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rospanzera wrote:

Hi,

Thank you

Rosario

Hi there

I have looked at the Technical Specifications  and cannot find anywhere it says it has a HDMI OUT port.  If anything it will be what they call ARC (Audio Return Channel) - HDMI 1

To connect a Blu-ray player you connect it this way:

Bluray (HDMI OUT) > TV (HDMI IN)

See page 13 of the blu-ray manual here : http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4442383412.pdf

Cheers

profile.country.FI.title
rospanzera
New

Hi,

thank you for your help, that is what I wanted to know.

Regards

Rosario