Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S560 sound problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Belumira
Visitor

BDP-S560 sound problem

Purchased the above, experiencing really strange problem.  Device is connected to a Panasonic surround sound.  I get sound on trailers on the blue ray DVD's but not on actual movie.  Have tried several blue ray DVD's and am getting the same so not faulty DVD.  I am bemused!  The two devices must be talking to each other as I would not get sound on trailers.

Help please

Many thanks

Message was edited by: Belumira

Message was edited by: Belumira

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

sounds like you missed an audio setting on the player, go into set up and check audio settings, Audio HDMI set to on, depending on how your connected to the panasonic if your using coaxial or digital optical set to Dolby Digital and DTS to DTS, i've set Audio DRC to Auto and Downmix to Surround, and i think that covers it.

just set it to what the panasonic can handle.

Belumira
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for responding, tried those settings still does not work!  Not sure what to do next!  The devices must be talking to each other as I would not get any sound, very frustrating.  I will call Sony tomorrow see if they can shed any light on the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Catmambo
Contributor

Might also be worth checking for a firmware update too. This device isn't Internet enabled but I think you flash it via creating a CD with the new firmware. Check the support page for your exact model.

Thanks