Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S570 Crashes

profile.country.en_GB.title
dbgray80
Visitor

BDP S570 Crashes

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience.  Several time over the last month or so watching a DVD on the BDP S570, the unit will crash / freeze.  It is totally dead, the image is shown on the TV but none of the remote buttons or buttons on the unit work.  This will last for up to 5 minutes and will then reset.

I have had the unit for 4 or 5 months and only recently started having this problem.

Would be grateful for any help

Cheers

DAve

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Doesn't sound healthy. Make sure you have updated the firmware on the device and if you are still getting the problem, pop down to your local service centre and have them take a look at it. Its under warranty, so should be painless.

thanks

profile.country.de_DE.title
jottenstiege
Visitor

Hi DAve,

seems that my S570 has the same problem. Did you find a solution for it?

Cheers, J.i

Bravia55HX

Hi all,

funny this one came up!, i have the same problem with my 570 in as much that if im watching a series on DVD for arguements sake 24 i find that now and then if i fast forward to the next chapter and stop it there it freezes and no amount of button presses free's it, you have to wait till it shuts its self down, very irritating, whats worst is i have a top notch DVP-S725D DVD player sitting underneath the 570 but im too lazy to put it on!