Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S590 - no internet connection

profile.country.en_GB.title
tawright35
Visitor

BDP-S590 - no internet connection

ok, looking to see if someone can help me out here

Got the bluray player at xmas...connected to my Virgin mediahub and happily watching netflix and lovefilms

The, just last week, the network connection stopped working!

I have gone thru the process for reconnecting to the router but with no joy

Event took the option to perform a factory reset and re-enter all the network info again.

When attempting to connect, the player finds the router, takes the valid key but then comes back with;

wireless connection:   Ok

Internet Access:          Failed

Can ayone help with this?

PS, I know the router is working as I am using it to log this in the forum.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Try power cycle your router and keep it of for a couple of minutes.

profile.country.en_GB.title
greersome
Visitor

I struggled with this and finally fixed it.

I had to log on to my wifi router and reserve a specific IP Address (I set mine to 192.168.5.19) for my Sony BDP-590. I then manually set the ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns settings on the player.

Here's how you do it:

To reserve the ip address on your router, you'll need to know the MAC Address of your player. Find this by going to Internet Settings in the player's main menu. Then select 'View Network Status'. You should see a long list of information. Scroll to the bottom and find what it lists under MAC Address. Write this down exactly as you see it. Note, there are no Os, only zeros in the MAC Address.

Now, you will need to log into your wireless router and reserve an ip address for your player. You'll have to figure that out on your own as each router is different. Usually, you can do this via a browser on your laptop by connecting directly to the router's ip address. When you set this, the router will need to know the Player's MAC Address. Enter the Mac address you wrote earlier here.

On your player, now go to Internet Settings and choose Wireless Setup (built-in). When you get to ip address, choose Custom. Manually set all the values here. You should be home free then.