Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S7200 - Gracenote Error!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

BDP-S7200 - Gracenote Error!

I watched a brand new blu-ray this evening 'San Andreas' but I notice when I stop playback and my device looks-up the movie title via Gracenote it is wrongly displayed as 'Jane Ayre' !!!! Even the cover artwork is wrong.

I've noticed this on several other movies although usually the cover art is correct but the title is either wrong or in a foreign language.

Here's a screenshot, sorry it's a bit blurry:

IMG_20151031_005419.jpg

I've tried all the usual tricks, deleted the BD Data, did a manual search of title but still the wrong title is displayed.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi,

Not of much use to the solution of your problem but I have Gracenote disabled on all my devices. It's just another haphazard function that is likely to go wrong as it has for you :slight_frown:

Just now you are irked by this next to useless feature because you have witnessed it not working and want to have it put right ?

Just disable it and forget about it is my advice :wink:

Regards  

If it ain't broke don't fix it
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Jonnie1266 to be honest.

Also, the movie - watched it a few weeks ago, and thought it just "meh"  

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Jonnie1266

On the contrary, it works for the majority of the time but every now & then it gets the titles or cover art mixed up!

That said you and @Anonymous are right.., it's not really worth the bother for movies at least as is usually the case when you stop a DVD or Blu-ray at that point you usually eject it anyway.

Yes I suppose I'm irked but considering I now have several unresolved faults with this device I feel pretty let down by Sony AGAIN! 

@Anonymous You didn't enjoy San Andreas?!!! Either you're getting too critical in your old age or watch too many films, :laughing:

I bought it for the sound as much as anything, it's the first one I owned with Dolby Atmos and yes I know my STR doesn't support it (another bone of contention) but it does support 7.1 audio which sounds freaking awesome on my front height effect speakers!! On some movies my height effect speakers are not too noticeable other than the wider sound stage but San Andreas really brings them alive and especially when the helicopter flies overhead, maybe Atmos does improve that somehow.

OKay so the story line is nothing new but as usual Hollywood certainly delivers on special effects and if you watched the making not all of it was CGi. I bought Jurassic World at the same time, another equally impressive movie which I really enjoyed, apparently the dinosaurs are real you know!!! :slight_smile:

Cheers :wink:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jurassic World - equally impressive??

Both San Andreas and Jurassic World i would give a rating of 5 out of 10.  They were ok, but thats it in my opinion, just ok.  Too many faults on what realistically would happen.  That said, CGI effects were great.

I would rate the new Terminator Genisis as a 4 out of 10.  4 mainly due to the begining of the movie.  Started out great and loved it, but slowly drifted off to a conveluted story line and ruined it.

Poltergeist 2015 - 3 out of 10.  Not impressed at all.

I know you have some unresolved issues - do you want me to re-pursue them through Sony?

Cheers

PS: I am hard to impress on movies.  Maybe seen too many.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

To be fair I suppose neither wouldn't set the world on fire but I quite like these big disaster movies simply becuase they're easy to watch and no complicated story lines to try and keep up with. I get bored with films too quickly if my brain has to work!

Haven't seen Terminator Genisis, decided against that one after the previous failure. As for Poltergeist 2015, again I heard so many bad reviews over at Amazon it didn't seem worth the bother.

I hear that a new movie is on the horizon called 'Predator Apocalypse', now I'd defo watch that, Predator's are awesome!! 

Thanks for the offer, yes I'll PM you about the other issues. :wink: